BEACH PARKING STICKERS are required from May 15th until October 15th - These are available to year round residents and property owners.
There are three options to obtain a Beach Parking Permit Sticker
1 - You may send a copy of the vehicle registration and a check for $40.00 (or $20.00 if you are 65 years or older) to the Town Clerk and Tax Collector’s Office (186 York Street, York, Maine 03909)
2 - Visit the Town Clerk and Tax Collector’s Office in person (186 York Street, York, Maine 03909)
3 - Click the blue Permit Parking icon below to apply for a Permit Parking Sticker online:
*There is a $3.00 Service Charge associated with online payments – The Service Charge is not a Town of York fee; it is a fee imposed by the payment processing company*
Once your online permit application has been reviewed and approved by The Town Clerk's, and will mail you your Permit Parking Sticker to the mailing address entered in your application.
Your information is secure. All payment transactions are processed "encrypted" ensuring the security of your credit card or bank account information. The Town of York does not retain or store any credit card or bank information.
PERMIT PARKING PROGRAM ORDINANCE (pdf)
If you are a York resident or a property owner, you are entitled to purchase a Permit Parking Sticker for a fee of $40, or $20 if you are 65 or older. The Parking Permit program shall be in effect each year beginning May 15th through October 15th, and the sticker is exclusive to the vehicle it is issued to.
Residency is established by your Maine vehicle registration with your York street address on it. If you own property in the Town of York but your legal residence is another state or Maine city or town, you can obtain a beach sticker only if the name on the vehicle registration matches the name on the property tax account. Upon receipt of the legitimate registration and payment, we will mail the Permit Parking sticker to the mailing address that you provided.
A motor vehicle bearing a valid parking permit shall be exempt from meter and timed parking regulations when parked in the following designated zones:
1. LONG BEACH AVENUE Permit Parking on Long Beach Ave. from Libby’s Campground, York Street to Nubble Road in metered spaces.
2. HARBOR BEACH ROAD Permit Parking only, excluding those spaces designated for disability.
3. YORK BEACH BALL FIELD Permit Parking in designated zone, except Sunday mornings until noon.
4. RIVER ROAD Permit Parking only (from the intersection of River Road and Shore Road, 700 feet in a westerly direction, southerly side).
5. SHORE ROAD Permit Parking only (Beginning at CMP Pole #212 extending to CMP Pole #210, westerly side).
6. US ROUTE 103/WIGGLEY BRIDGE/STEEDMAN WOODS Permit Parking in the fourteen designated parking spaces at the Route 103 Parking Lot.
Permits are NOT valid in the following zones:
1. Ellis Park/Short Sands parking lot.
2. On Railroad Avenue, Ocean Avenue, and Beach Street.
3. On Harris Island Road
If you have any questions about the online process, please feel free to call the Town Clerk's Office at 207-363-1003!