Pop-up blockers prevent new windows from automatically opening when you use a website. In many cases, these pop-up windows contain advertising information and can be aggravating for the user.
However some websites use pop-up windows to convey pertinent information to the user. The Town of York uses pop-up windows to report information when the user wants to print a map, and thus pop-up blockers should be disabled when using this site.
Pop-up blocker options can generally be found in the browser toolbar, or the Tools menu. Below are instructions for disabling pop-up blockers in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Toolbars and Yahoo Toolbars.
If it appears,click the yellow bar below and choose 'Always Allow Pop-ups' from This Site
If this option is not available, use the following 4 steps to disable your pop-up blocker:
1. Go to Tools/Pop Up Blocker/Pop Up Blocker Options
2. Enter gis.yorkmaine.org in the Address of Web site to allow: field and click Add
3. Close the Pop-up Blocker Settings window
Click the Options button in the yellow bar above, and choose Allow pop-ups for gis.yorkmaine.org
If this option is not available, use the following steps to disable your pop-up blocker:
1. Go to Tools/Options...
2. Click on Content, and then Allowed Sites
3. Enter gis.yorkmaine.org in the Address of web site: field and click Allow
4. Close the Allowed Sites - Popups window
1. In the Google Toolbar, click the OK button as seen below
1. In the Google Toolbar, click the button with the ‘!’
2. The button should change to read 'Popups Okay'
1. In the Yahoo Toolbar, click the arrow next to the button that looks like an explosion
2. Choose Always Allow Pop-Ups From
3. Choose gis.yorkmaine.org in the Sources of Recently Blocked Pop-Ups: field and click Allow