This project is to provide analysis of options to improve the safety and function of the intersection of York Street, Long Sands Road and Hospital Drive. CLD Consulting Engineers, Inc., is now under way analyzing conditions in the intersection and surrounding area, identifying issues and options, and recommending to the Board of Selectmen to short- and long-term options to improve intersection safety and function. The recommendations may be used to prioiritize Town improvement actions, and possibly to pursue state and/or federal funding. This is a quick project, and will be completed by the end of July 2010.
Available through links to the left side of this page are:
1. a copy of the request for proposals, which shows the scope of the project;
2. a map which shows recently collected traffic and pedestrian counts;
3. an aerial photograph which shows signs, parking spaces and other transportation-related items; and
4. a letter with attached lists of issues identified during the start-up meetings for this study.
5. Final Study Report, including visuals of the ultimate and interim recommendations for the intersection.
Any questions about this study should be directed to Steve Burns at 363-1007